If yesterday was the gray, soggy, foggy day for Legends of the Fall, today was the complete opposite with a gorgeous, sunny, warm autumn day that was the backdrop for a spectacular sale. Topping the event was Lot #1, Budjon-JK Gibson Enjoy-ET, the VG-87 Gibson daughter of Budjon-JK Linjet Eileen-ET (2E-96, DOM). Enjoy was consigned by the Enjoyable Syndicate and purchased for $82,000 by Lawson Bennett and sale host, David Tait. Following as a close second high seller was Scientific Gold Dish Rae-ET, the 12/06 *RC *TV Goldwyn daughter of Scientific Debutante Rae-ET *RC *CV (EX-92). She was consigned by Scientific Holsteins and purchased for $81,000 by Todd Stanek, with John George putting in the contending bid.
Other prices of interest:
* Choice of 2 *TV Durhams x EK-Oseeana Ambrosia (VG-89) $52,000
* First choice Zenith x Regancrest Jed Deborah (2E-95, DOM) $22,000
* Gloryland Lola Rae-ET (VG-87) – Roy x Gloryland Lana Rae $35,000
* Galestone Spicey-Red-ET (12/06 Advent x Scientific Rubirae Socks) $17,000
* Indianhead Adv Flame-Red-ET (2/07 Advent x Indianhead Raquel) $18,000
* Badger Boliver Pat 3356-ET (6/06 Boliver x Badger Durham Patsh-1429) $17,200
* First choice Goldwyn x Windy-Knoll-View Pimlico-ET $19,000
Long-time Maryland friends Douglas King and O.C. Smith drove the short distance to Virginia for the Legends of the Fall Sale.
Sale topper Budjon-JK Gibson Enjoy sold for $82,000.
Scott Culbertson, left, represents Todd Stanek as buyer of the second high seller, Scientific Gold Dish Rae. Holding the $81,000 heifer is consigner Matt Nunes. Matt was one of several northwest Wisconsin breeders in attendance, joined by Annie Hulle (a big country music fan I learned!) and Bob & Karyn Schauf.
Selling for $20,000 to New Yorker John B. George was Ms Rock-Home Gold Raquel-ET, a 3/06 Goldwyn from Milk & Honey Encore Raizel-ET (EX-90) then Hanover-Hill-R Raizel-ETT (2E-94, DOM).
The very tenacious and personable slip runner, Dawson Bennett!
A much more scenic day, Saturday proved to be a stunning day weather-wise, and provided visitors with very scenic views.